I am incredulous that the Centre of International Forestry Research (CIFOR) would suggest bushmeat hunting be legalized, giving the local people the task of policing themselves. This position shows remarkable naïveté and totally fails to understand the realities on the ground. A hungry population is never going to practice conservation of food, especially where it [...]
- anil vishnoi on Dr Leakey and Other Conservationists Condemn Destruction of Trees in the Mathews Range
- Nick Martyn on Partnering on community conservation initiatives
- Richard Sandstrom on The Gibe III Dam must be stopped
- Amber Barmore on Why is Poaching for Ivory Increasing?
- A new twist to elephant poaching in Kenya | Bushmeat in Kenya on Why is Poaching for Ivory Increasing?
- Photo exhibit offers view of family's two years in Africa - Seacoastonline.com
- 'Scatter, Adapt and Remember': How to avoid extinction - Buffalo News
- Wildlife poaching draws attention of criminologists - NBCNews.com (blog)
- Why This Obsession With Technocrats? - The Star
- Serengti Highway Compromise Proposed by Famed Scientist - LiveScience.com